CEO Comments on COVID-19
The world has found itself in a very unique and difficult situation, the likes of which we've not seen in our generation.
Usio understands the uniqueness of the situation we currently find ourselves in. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is affecting each employee, their families and friends, our country and the world in a variety of different ways. First, our thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected by COVID-19. What is occurring is unprecedented, however, we all share the same sense of urgency to mitigate the spread of this virus in short order.
Second, we understand that thousands of companies depend on us to conduct their business each and every day. As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19, we will adhere to recommendations, guidelines and mandates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as federal, state and local governments. While our main offices in San Antonio and Nashville remain open, many employees are currently working remotely, including all of our development resources in our Austin office.
We are steadfast in our efforts to ensure you are being well served, a responsibility we take very seriously. Our customer support teams will continue to field calls and answer any questions you may have. Our business support teams, including development, sales & marketing, and operations are continuing to function normally, ensuring every transaction is processed and settled. Usio has proactively taken steps to ensure that our business continuity plan can be successfully executed if and when the need arise. We are confident that the services we provide are sustainable and that disruption will be non-existent to minimal should COVID-19 affect our ability to operate business as usual.
Here are some of the proactive measures we've taken thus far:
- Providing frequent communication, education and recommended best practices related to COVID-19 to all employees.
- Confirmed all employees have laptops and essential equipment to work from home, if needed.
- Completed company-wide "work from home" test to confirm essential job responsibilities can be completed without interruption.
- Cancelled all employee travel plans, including conferences, training and meetings for the foreseeable future.In addition, we've provided alternative communication methods and/or rescheduled meetings for later dates.
- Ensured all communication channels are accessible for merchants and partners to receive status updates through our Status Page, accessible here.
- Communicated with all partner banks to ensure service continuation.
- As we continue to monitor the situation, we may consider implementing further precautionary measures. Should we do so, we will continue to keep you informed. Lastly, business around the world hasn't changed, although the way business is done has likely changed.
If there is anything we can do for your business during this challenging season, please let us know. We are here for you.
President & CEO